As yet another school shooting occurred last week, the importance of wireless security cameras is evident. In fact, in the wake of more and more disturbing news about the safety of many public spaces, it should come as no surprise that the installation of wireless security cameras continues to increase.
Knowing that your property is safe and that you can monitor the people who come and go from both businesses and homes means that you can rest easy when you are away. From businesses to schools to churches, a growing number of places realize the importance of making sure that they install professional wireless digital security cameras. And while it may have once been unheard of that a place like a church or a school would need to worry about these safety measures, it is important to know that we live in a time when you can never be too careful.
When school officials and police officers looked through footage last week to identify the armed intruder of a Florida high school, they were making use of technology that no one would have thought necessary three decades ago. Today, however, churches are working to make sure that they, like schools and other businesses, have an escape plan for everything from weather emergencies to active shooters. And while this may be a problem that no one really wants to think about, these plans are a reality in today’s world.
Consider some of these statistics that play a role in the fact that more and more Americans are installing both indoor and outdoor security camera systems:
- Research indicates that properties without security systems are as much as 300% more likely to be broken into.
- 60% of convicted burglars indicated that the presence of a security system influenced their decision to target a different home, according to a report by the University of North Carolina.
- Every 15 seconds a burglary is committed in the U.S.
- 75% of U.S. homes will be broken into within the next 20 years.
- 38% of inventory shrink can be attributed to shoplifting, and 34.5% to employee theft.
- In addition to improving employee productivity, having a surveillance camera system with remote access can eliminate theft and losses as much as 80%.
Any time that you turn on the news today you are reminded of the many reasons that there are to make sure that you are doing everything within your power to make sure that you, your loved ones, and your property are protected.