In today’s technological age, social media and it’s influence is expanding. With such a big influence on the world we live in, social media can be a game changer for companies and the way they do business.
Whether you’re trying to get your company noticed or trying to increase your company’s search engine optimization (SEO) profile, here are 14 things to think about when it comes to social media marketing benefits.
- A report from SalesForce Marketing Cloud found that 83 percent of customers ‘love or ‘like’ when a business responds to them through social media promotion.
- Almost all (94 percent) of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as part of their content strategy.
- Google receives more than 100 billion searches per month and 57,000 searches per second.
- Approximately 70 percent of the links search users click on are organic.
- The Pew Research Center finds that 72 percent of adult Internet users use Facebook.
- Animoto’s The State of Social Video 2017 report found that 64 percent of customers said they make a purchase after watching a marketing on Facebook in the last month.
- The Social Media Marketing Industry Report finds that nearly two-thirds of marketers cited Facebook as the most important social media platform.
- SEO (inbound) leads have a nearly 15 percent close rate while outbound leads (mail or print advertising) have about a two percent close rate.
- About 75 percent of search engine optimization occurs off-page and 25 percent occurs on-page.
- Companies that publish 16 or more blog posts per month receive nearly 3.5 times more traffic than companies that publish only a few monthly posts.
- A July 2015 study by Moz and BuzzSumo found that long form content of over 1,000 words consistently receives more shares and links than shorter form content.
- Businesses with a strong keyword in their name rank 1.5 spots higher than if there is no keyword in the name.
- Statistica finds that mobile Internet penetration will grow to more than 61 percent worldwide in 2018.
- About 70 percent of online referrals come from ‘dark’ or user to user social networking, including messaging apps, private browsing and e-mail.
When it comes to getting the attention of customers, digital analytics can help to your company. If your company is interested in expanding its online and social media footprint, consider using digital analytics. A good digital analytics program can help companies keep track of what sites people are visiting, what links they’re clicking on, how many people visit your company’s social media pages and web site and what’s keeping their attention both on social media and online.
An engaging Web site is important too. With today’s ease of Internet access, a Web site is essential and it’s also important for it to be user-friendly. According to Forbes, 44 percent of web users are turned off by bad mobile navigation and left a website because of it. A slow web page can be a hindrance too as 40 percent of people will leave a page if it takes longer than three seconds to load.
When designing a company web site, it’s important to state the company’s goals and contact information right away. Nearly half (47 percent) of all visitors to a web site look at a company’s services or products before looking at other parts of the site. In addition, 44 percent of visitors to a site will leave if a company’s phone number or some form of contact information isn’t available.
The look of a web site is important too. Nearly 46 percent of people said that a site’s design is the top criterion for determining a company’s credibility. Likewise, nearly 40 percent of people will stop engaging with a web site lacking an engaging layout or engaging content.
An effective and memorable logo can go a long way in increasing the brand awareness of a company. Whether it’s the color or colors, the text or the shape, there are a lot of factors involved with creating a logo and the right combination of those three factors can go a long way.
Combining catchy website design with an increased social media presence and digital analytics will allow companies to reap many social media marketing benefits. Companies out front of their online marketing campaigns will have customers more engaged and interested in what they have to offer.