From legal help to medical advice to weekend spas, Americans are used to finding the services that they need with a quick internet search. At the same time that consumers are looking for the services that they need, there are also businesses who are searching for their potential clients and customers. With the use of location intelligence solutions, consumers and merchants can more easily connect.
With a combination of marketing analytics services and geospatial information systems, consumers can more easily locate the goods and services that they are looking for and businesses can reach out to customers who may be in their area. Although there is a growing number of purchases that occur online, the fact of the matter is that there are still many people who make purchases in person. Being able to connect with customers immediately increases the chance that merchants will make a sale.
One of the reasons that the latest location intelligence solutions are as effective as possible is that there are always at least 24 active GPS satellites circling the Earth. Because there are more than 30 major GPS systems, including a couple of spares, the location intelligence solutions industry will continue to expand.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the spatial data analysis industry and how it not only connects customers to merchants, but also plays an important role in the nation’s economy:
- In the next four decades, the world’s population will grow by 50% in the next four decades to more than 9 billion from about 6.5 billion now.
- There will be 4.4 million big data jobs available in the next two years, and only 33% of them will be successfully filled, according to research by the Gartner Company.
- The Geospatial industry generated $73 billion in revenue in 2011.
- The Geospatial industry helped generate $1.6 trillion in revenue for the rest of the U.S. economy.
- A GPS receiver can determine the current time within 100 billionths of a second.
- The Internet of Things is a term that has been around for more than 15 years, though it only began gaining wide currency more recently. It includes devices other than computers that are connected to the Internet that can send and receive data.
When you are in the market for a unique service or product, you are likely making use of the latest location intelligence software.